We are always accepting Applications for Paramedic and Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediates.
Current position available
Mobile Integrated Care/Paramedic
Closes June 30th
JOB SUMMARY: Provides primary care and/or advanced life support, goal of reducing morbidity. Supports existing health services: provides integrated health services in partnership with other health professionals; extends access to health services to health services deliver in underserved and general populations, including primary care, public health, disease management, prevention and wellness, mental health, and dental health; and performs other duties as required. The position is located in the Western Lane Ambulance District Assigned Service Area (ASA)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs all primary job responsibilities listed for Paramedic;
- Examines, screens, treats and coordinates health services for patients;
- Conducts post-hospital release follow-up care including, but not limited to, monitoring medication, dressing changes, and checking vital signs;
- Observes, records, and reports to physician, patient’s conditions and reactions to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents;
- Conducts patient education, including diabetes prevention/treatment, hypertension, Congestive Heart Failure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, falls assessment, injury evaluation, geriatric frailty visits, and nutrition;
- Administers patient care consistent with department protocols and physician orders;
- Develops and completes appropriate reports and templates for the Community Paramedic Program;
- Attends meetings as requested and available;
- Cleans and maintains (minor maintenance) vehicles;
- Cleans and maintains equipment;
- Maintains records of vehicles, supplies, training and daily work; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, DEGREES, CERTIFICATES, AND/OR LICENSES:
- Graduation from high school or a valid GED;
- Associates of Applied Sciences in EMS or related field from an accredited college (preferred), or a minimum of fifty credit hours from an accredited college towards a related field of study (highly desired);
- Minimum of Oregon State License of Paramedic;
- Current certification in: BLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, CCP/FPC (Highly desired);
- 5 years experience as a line EMS responder in a comparable or larger EMS district (Preferred);
- Possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License and is insurable.
- Operate office equipment, such as computers/tablets/tough book’s and applicable software, calculator, copy machine, scanner, shredder, fax machine, multi-line telephone.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to pass a medical physical assessment, sit, and stand for extended periods of time; able to lift 125 lbs.
- The incumbent is required to operate emergency medical vehicles, move medical equipment and extract persons from a wide variety of situations involving vehicular, industrial and residential accidents, injuries or illness;
- At times the work requires movement over various types of terrain, (Hilly, steep, rocky, rough, and/or wet/slippery surfaces;
- Most work is performed in private homes, vehicles, and/or office setting;
- The incumbent must see, hear and communicate with the patient in order to perform a physical assessment of the patient;
- Must be able to life, care, push, and/or pull up to 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance); and
- Works 40 hours per week split evenly between community paramedicine technicians.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Meet or exceed all requirements for a Full Time EMS provider.
- Pass a Criminal Background and Reference Check.
- Successful completion of the district Physical Ability Exam.
- Successful completion of a Medical Physical Exam.
- Pass pre-employment drug screening.
Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $52,000.00 to $60,000.00 / year
- Emergency Medical Services: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Oregon Paramedic License
The Region: Located in the City of Florence on the beautiful Oregon Coast, Western Lane Ambulance District covers approximately 850 square miles of Western Lane County. Residents and visitors to the Oregon Coast enjoy an array of attractions including Oregon Beaches, Oregon Dunes, Historic Bay Street, the Siuslaw River as well as our annual Rhododendron Festival. There are over 20 fresh water lakes which are good for fishing, boating, hiking, biking and other recreational activities. Florence, Oregon is an ever-growing community and recently made headlines for being one of the top places in America to retire. This has increased housing demand which has caused our call volume to increase dramatically.
Experience and Education: Qualified candidates must possess a current Oregon-Paramedic certification or be able to obtain this certification by the time of hire. Prior experience is a plus but is not required. Local residency may be required. Applicants may submit a resume and contact Western Lane Ambulance District for placement on our mailing list.
Western Lane Ambulance District: is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of gender, race, national origin, age, disability, religion or other protected class status. We are in conformity with all local, state and federal laws and regulations regarding fair employment practices.